Guardian Ambulance EMT – Basic Class
July 30, 2023 | FLORENCE, SC
The Guardian Ambulance Training Academy is proud to present an accelerated 14-week EMT class beginning 2022.
Guardian Ambulance is seeking driven, dedicated candidates interested in taking the first step to join the emergency medical services industry. Your EMT certification is the first step in a career in EMS or can be a stepping stone to careers in public safety and health care.
The class is presented in partnership with Florence-Darlington Technical College continuing education department. Free tuition, certification and testing provided by Florence-Darlington Technical College supported by the U.S. Department of Labor grant awarded to Apprenticeship Carolina, a division of the South Carolina Technical College System. To further remove barriers to entering the EMS field, Guardian Ambulance is also offering a training wage and full benefits package as a full-time employee during classroom hours throughout the course with an employment commitment.
40-hour weekly schedule (includes 48 total clinical hours)
Classes begin March 6, 2023; and ends 14 weeks from start date
Apply now for an interview and aptitude test.
Florence-Darlington Technical College,
1951 Pisgah Rd.,
Florence, SC 29501
2623 W Sumter Street,
Florence, SC 29501
how to appy
1. Fill out an application using the form below.
2. Once you apply, you will receive an email with instructions on taking an aptitude test with Florence-Darlington Technical College.
3. Upon completion of a final interview with Guardian Ambulance, you will be accepting into the course.
Guardian Ambulance will provide all training at no cost to the student, including:
- FREE tuition and certification fees (National Registry, South Carolina)
- Paid wages ($10/hr.) and full benefits package during training.
- Offer available for a two-year employment commitment.
- Upon passing exam, EMTs are ready to work on an ambulance making up to $30,000 a year with room to grow up to $45,000 with additional shift-friendly, sponsored paramedic certification.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a High School diploma or GED
- Be 18 years of age (by the end of the class)
Our EMT Course follows the National Standard Curriculum as defined by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (www.nremt.org). This course has been approved through the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control . Upon successful completion of our program, you will have the necessary skills and knowledge to pass both the cognitive and psychomotor exams required by NREMT. All of your clinical 3rd rides will be completed on our 911-Advanced Life Support and BLS Ambulances in the PeeDee region. Being able to provide you real-life emergency experience is what sets our programs apart from others. You will be actively engaged and challenged to be a part of our team!